CSI AWARDED PRIVATE COMPANY BOARD OF THE YEAR AWARD
CSI was named the winner for the Private Company Board of the Year Award. The award will be presented on May 6th, 2021 at the Director of the Year Award Gala in Pittsburgh, PA.
The National Association of Corporate Directors Three Rivers Chapter (Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Buffalo) has celebrated directors who lead through innovation, courage, integrity, and commitment for more than two decades. NACD announced the winners of the 2020-2021 Director of the year Awards, recognizing the leadership and accomplishments of Directors in the Three Rivers area.
CSI Corporate Security and Investigations, LLC is a professional investigative and risk management firm headquartered in the Greater Pittsburgh area. Founded in 1989, CSI’s core services are professional investigations, background research, surveillance operations, and security consulting. Since CSI’s humble beginnings, it has grown from a regional firm to a nationally recognized firm with the ability to handle investigative or security threats nationally and globally.
CSI had been a long-time privately held family business. Faced with a generational transition, the Board recognized that significant change was imperative. Focused on human capital and technology, the Board identified and invested in training as well as promoting and hiring the “right” personnel capable of executing the Board’s goals. Diversity is an integral part of CSI, with employees from all age ranges, backgrounds and ethnicities. CSI is a majority owned women’s business and includes three of the six executive positions being held by women.
Leveraging new technology, the Board consolidated operations into two primary operating systems and created a virtual environment that has endless scalability. As a result of technology upgrades, a Corporate Governance Committee recommendation, CSI has enhanced operations, improved efficiency rates, and production improved by 55%. The Board’s vision and leadership resulted in a 30% increase in margin.
Focused on an aggressive growth strategy, the Board orchestrated a merger, several strategic partnerships, a joint venture, and has identified several acquisition targets. This strategy resulted in a net revenue increase of 1018% in 2019. In addition to the growth, the Board identified underperforming service lines, divested from them, and reallocated resources. With the increase in talent, technology, and internal refined processes, CSI is poised for an increase in top-line revenue of over 100% and an increase in net revenue in excess of 300% in 2020.
Other Significant Acknowledgement and Accomplishments
• 2012 Largest Pittsburgh Area Women-Owned Business-Place #5 (Lisa Hickman)
• 2020 Largest Pittsburgh Women-Owned Business
• 2008 Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year
• The Executive Team members serve Higher Education by teaching Courses at The University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne University and Westminster College on Leadership skills, White Collar Crime, Organized Crime, Ethics and Criminal Justice
• Board Member for Southwinds, Inc. (non-profit)
• The Executive Team and Board Members are recognized as qualified subject matter experts and have crafted over 12 Professional Writings and Publications
• Member of the Duquesne University Think Tank for Restorative Justice
• Coauthor of Gang Violence, Published by The National Intelligence Center